Re: Orca not speaking on new Debian install.

I can confirm the messages are unrelated to the issue. Downloaded the
latest x64 Seamonkey and tried launching it with the same script, but
it produces no errors/warnings in-between the normal x started
normally and x stopped messages.

Will give spdsay a try next time I'm booted into the installed
Debian(typing this from a Knoppix Live session so I can get web things
done in-between trying to debug the issue.

Not sure how I can check if at-spi and orca are running as, in
addition to not getting speech in the GUI, I'm also apparently locked
from switching to a tty that's at the console, which is also an issue
since the work flow I'm used to is using tty switching to do web stuff
in the GUI and everything else in the console, though I thought the
inability to switch ttys was rather irrelevant if I'm not getting
speech in the GUI to begin with, though I suppose it is more relevant
than initially thought since I hadn't considered trying to diagnose
the running xsession from the console...