Re: Twitter alternatives for the blind community?

The evidence I found surprising was blind community exists because of government  product orders?
as if only members of this blind community live in the States, and that to belong some government must be providing your products?

Perhaps this is the "blind culture" mentioned here. I think it is possibly a US phenomenon, although I do live here and don't consider myself to be a part of it. But the thing is that the government here likes to tell us what to purchase, and it's always the most expensive product available, but they don't actually make the purchase, seeing as how employers still hesitate to hire people who have visual challenges or who are blind. The problem is that employers are also told what they need to purchase for us - I saw this at my current job - and it's also the most expensive products, and these simply don't work for everyone. So yeah, I get it. There is a "blind community" and possibly a "blind culture" as well, but it's a fabrication of governments and marketing firms, not a real community that has grown organically.

~Kyle