Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2023 01:40:30
From: Victor <victorelawrence@xxxxxxxxx>
To: main@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TechTalk] Twitter Bans Third-Party Apps

Hi everyone,

As I've suspectedfor a while, Twitter is no longer allowing third party apps. I spent $30 on the Twitteriffic app a few years ago and I was considering buying the Spring App for Twitter. I'm glad I didn't and I'm upset that I spent money on an app that no longer works.

Below is a link to an article about this.

Twitter officially bans third-party clients with new developer rules
theverge.com

Victor

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
View/Reply Online (#109419): https://TechTalk.groups.io/g/main/message/109419
-=-=-
If you want to view a list of resources and freeware, visit the Tech Talk Wiki:
https://groups.io/g/TechTalk/wiki/List-of-resources-and-freeware

You can also view/download the list from the "files" section:
https://groups.io/g/TechTalk/files

To review a list of posting guidelines, go to:
https://groups.io/g/TechTalk/wiki/Posting-Guidelines

To view the list archives, go to:
https://groups.io/g/TechTalk/topics

Note that the Wiki and list archives are public so can be viewed by anyone without the need to login with a password.  The "files" section cannot be made public so can only be accessed by members and requires you to login.

To join this group, send an email to:
TechTalk+subscribe@xxxxxxxxx

To send a message to this group, send the message to:
main@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To stop receiving messages via email (you may still read messages on the Web),send an email to:
TechTalk+nomail@xxxxxxxxx

To receive message digests instead of individual messages send an email to:
TechTalk+digest@xxxxxxxxx

To receive individual messages instead of digests, send an email to:
TechTalk+single@xxxxxxxxx

If you want to discuss anything non-tech  related, please move the conversation to our chat subgroup.

To join the chat subgroup, send a message to:
TechTalkChat+subscribe@xxxxxxxxx

To message the chat subgroup:
TechTalkChat@xxxxxxxxx
-=-=-