Re: Chromium-based browser local .desktop files (was Re: void-linux)

Confirmed!

I placed

export ACCESSIBILITY_ENABLED=1

on a line by itself in a file I called /etc/profile.d/accessibility.sh and rebooted the computer. Chromium and Brave began speaking without any further intervention. This is after removing all my browser .desktop files from .local/share/applications and placing them in a new folder. Google Chrome is the only one that didn't speak at first, but I closed something and then closed the other pop-up that told me that it couldn't update Google Chrome to the latest version, then I got normal speech. So the desktop files are truly no longer needed for Chromium-based browsers.

~Kyle