Re: SBL

Tony Baechler here.

On 4/28/2017 6:25 AM, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:
2. It requires a patched 2.2 kernel. Version 2.2 is rather ancient and long
since dead. I didn't see a way in my quick reading of the docs to use newer
kernels.

Thats right if you want to use sbl with the patch for the
keyboard sniffer which is needed if sbl is used without a braille
display.

Well, most of us, including me, don't have a Braille display, so I guess I'm out of luck. Compiling a kernel is hard enough, but patching and compiling a 2.2 kernel is silly and makes no sense. If there is a way to use it with only speech on recent kernels, I'm still interested in trying it, but I'm not going to run a 2.2 kernel just for that. Even the long term 2.6 kernels aren't supported anymore.