Re: How did people here learn GUIs

I'm not exactly sure why developers would want this either. Windows developers already had Visual Studio, which they apparently love, and GNU/Linux developers will continue using GNU/Linux, where all the development software anyone could dream of is free and open source. Developers, more even than regular users, want a complete solution, not some half-baked attempt at GNU in a Microsoft environment. They will either go for 100% Microsoft in the Windows + Visual Studio, or they will develop for GNU/Linux. Cross-platform developers will continue doing what they have always done, which means running multiple OS's and building for each one individually. I guess maybe people building Rockbox who have used GNU/Linux to build it for years will possibly be able to fully build it in a Windows environment without Cygwin, but what's the point, especially when they've already been using GNU/Linux for years to do that?
Sent from a sign o' the times