Re: Fetchmail?

<<user janina
#username for the remote system.
pass XXXXXXXX
#password at the remote system.>>

Right, this is where there's a fundamental problem This user name is
the same as your email name.  But I have the problem of the known user
name being of the form - rhdl44980123-9 - while email names are
bob.s.harris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or the.bobsh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or the
like.  Fetchmail is only looking for mail for -
rhdl4892371-9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Is the problem any clearer?  is there any fix?  Even Outlook figures
this out, so Linux has no excuse.

I've also been through the pine config file and my own local .pinerc
and added the alternate address lines...   and it still presumes my
login name@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<sigh!>

GA!