LINUX AND ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE

Hi!

On Fre, Jan 24, 2003 at 09:32:43 -0700, L. C. Robinson wrote:
> This last post could easily be misinterpreted because
> of some vague and ambiguous statements.  The simple
> truth is that unless you are a system administrator
> running a linux based mail-server gateway to a network
> of M$-Windoze machines, and know exactly why you are
> running antivirus software on your linux mail-server,
> you are wasting your time running anti-virus software,
> period.

In my opinion every email should be checked for viruses and it
doesn't matter, which networkinfrastructure is given...

> There are, for any practical purpose, no true viruses
> for linux (the few that have been demonstrated are
> mostly theoretical, because they can't reproduce well
> enough to be a practical threat).

ACK. But allthough there are not much viruses for linux you ofthen
receive mails with worms etc. and this mails should be deleted..., and
it doesn't matter if this messages are dangerous on linuxsystems or not.
The main goal is Simply to stop the distribution of this shit and if
this is posible with linux everyone should do this.

Regards,
Schoeppi

--
Christian Schoepplein | Beste Rockband der Welt: http://www.lily-rockt.de