LINUX AND ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE

Give it a rest.
Root kits aren't virii. Installing a virus scanner on a Linux system at present is IMHO a pure waste of time (some people have a lot of time to waste).
Keeping your Linux installation current or installing a fireall
on your Linux box is a better idea how to spend your time.

Enjoy!
--Hans
(maintainer blinux-lists)