wtf?

Hi

Only guessing but you state that the kernel assigns irq 0, is this stated in
/var/log/dmesg?

If so, what is being detected prior to the network?  What irq's can your
card use?  Is there a sound card grabing the irq first?

Is it possible that the card has become damaged?

Is it that you haven't configured /etc/network/interfaces and
/etc/resolv.conf, so the system doesn't have a configuration for eth0?  It
is suposed to be eth0?  What does # 'ifconfig eth0'
reveal?

hth
Gena