Linux console chat programs?

Barbara J Wagreich <bjw@world.std.com> writes:

> I am looking for a linux console (text-based) chat program that would
> allow me to communicate with others on the Internet in the same manner as

Emacspeak has support for AIM using the TNT client. You can get tnt
with "apt-get install tnt" (non-free) or
http://http.us.debian.org/debian/pool/non-free/t/tnt/tnt_2.4.orig.tar.gz

Have fun!
--
Sacha Chua <sacha@free.net.ph> - 4 BS CS Ateneo geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, wearables, teaching compsci