Linux console chat programs?

Doing an "apropos chat" last night I found epic. Tried it out to the point
of looking at the first screen. It looks very easy in format, perhaps even
easier if you use the "dumb" format. I think if I try it I'll clear the
screen after each thing I send so it'll all start conveniently at the top of
the screen. Don't know whether this will be as convenient as I hope but it
shouldn't be too bad.

--

Lee Maschmeyer
lee_maschmeyer@wayne.edu

"Now I've reached the awkward age of man:
Too old for Castoria and too young for Serutan."
     --Homer & Jethro