a little confused: festival and emacspeak

In the info page for festival are instructions for an interface with emacs. what
isn't clear to me is:  does festival just work with emacs or can it work with
emacspeak? If it can work with emacspeak, where can I find instuctions about
this? I might like to use this sometimes on my laptop when I don't want to carry
around a synthsizer or braille display.
Thanks.

Cheryl