Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 17:09:06 -0600 (CST)
From: Cheryl Homiak <chomiak@chartermi.net>
To: Blinux-newbie <blinux-newbie@braille.uwo.ca>
Subject: braillelite 18 vs. braillelite 40

I don't know if this question may be a little off topic; if so, people could
reply off list.
I have been using a braillelite 40 to which I had access as part of a job from
which I am resigning. I can get a refurbished braillelite 18 for much less than
a refurbished braillelite 40. Does anybody on list use a braillelite 18 or has
anybody can use both? I'd like to know if so many fewer braille cells is a great
enough handicap that I should just try to wait until I can save for a 40. Any
oppinions and/or comparisons would be welcome from people using shorter displays
even if theyare not braillelites.
Thanks.

Cheryl