modems

Well, what method of identifying callers is usually used on pbx type
systems? I heard special phones are usually required to get the caller
info, although I don't think they always use caller ID for it, or places
would just likely use caller ID boxes, or just normal phones with the
feature. If it does use a different standard, which one, and what modem
will use it?