BRLTTY and grade 2 english braille.

The latest beta release of BRLTTY now supports grade 2 US English Braille.
Please try it out and give us feedback so that we can improve it where
necessary.  Please also verify that all BRLTTY features which you need are
working correctly. If all is well, BRLTTY 3.0 will finally be released in a
couple of weeks. Download this latest version of BRLTTY as follows:

    Go to: http://mielke.cc/brltty/
    Select: Download
    Select: Current Release
    Read a few lines till you find "latest beta".
    Download: brltty-2.99.7.tar.gz

The contracted Braille feature isn't yet documented, but that'll come. For now,
here's its "secret activation code".

First: Invoke BRLTTY with its new -c (--contraction-table=) option, specifying
the Grade 2 US English Braille contraction table (en-us-g2.ctb).

    brltty -c en-us-g2.ctb

Second: Activate the six-dot braille feature. This can be done either via
BRLTTY's preferences menu or with whatever the right key combination is for
your particular braille display.

Third: That's it! The six-dot braille feature does it's normal thing, i.e.
just turn off dots 7 and 8, if a contraction table isn't specified, but does
in-line braille contracting if one is.

EMail: dave@mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | if you're concerned about Hell.
http://familyradio.com