Linux speech w/o special hardware

Has anyone downloaded IBM's Viavoice Outload lately? I downloaded it last
summer but now I can't find it on their web site. I'm wondering if it might
have been withdrawn.

So then I started poking around on the University of Wisconsin's Trace
Center web site. It mentions something called Festival from the University
of Edinburgh. I was wondering if anyone had gotten that working on standard
hardware, a PC with a sound card.