versabraille II+ with linux

Brian (and anybody else who has done this).
Can you tell me exactly how you went about getting the versabraille to work for
you? Are you using brltty or some other method? If brltty, is it the TSI driver
you are using, though support for the vbII+ isn['t indicated? What settings are
you using in your serial and com menus (I assume you then choose Print from the
files menu and serial.in from there). I've only succedded in getting a string of
control characters. However, I know that at least the cabling is working because
I can copy files to /dev/ttyS1 and the file is accurately translated into the
vb.
TIA.