versabraille II+ with linux

I don't use any driver at all.  The vb is just a
dumb ascii terminal; it requires no special coding.
Also, I am not interested in inputttting from the vb.
I only use it to read output.

I have a serial cable leading from the second port from the right
on the back of the vb to com1 on the pc.
By "right" I mean the end with the ac plug.

>From the main vb menu, choose p for parameters and s for serial.
then set the following parameters:
2400 baud, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, full duplex,
ignore parity, dc in = yes, dc out = yes, dtr = hs,
dsr = yes, cts = yes, rts = hs.These settings are by no means sacred.
It's just the way i have it set right now.
Also, from the main menu, chose p, c and v
and make sure the versabraille emulate is on.
If you want to copy files to the vb, you would turn this feature off.
But for reading output, turn it on.

In linux, make yourself root and edit the file /etc/rc.d/rc.local.
Different linux versions may have this file elsewhere.
Add the following lines at the bottom of the file
stty </dev/ttyS0 2400
su -l username &> /dev/ttyS0

Again, this is not a sacred arrangement,
but it gives me output.
The blinux list has shown me how I can get output much earlier in the process.
I am gonna experiment with that when I feel bold.

Good luck.