Using loadlin

Hi LCR,
    Thanks for the help. I was being asked for my root password since
apparently my file system had errors. When I gave the password, I was given
a normal shell prompt. I did the fsck. It did not show any errors. then I
mounted the filesystem read write and I could run lilo and do everything
normally.
    But the problem is my partition table sems to have changed after i added
the second disk. Previously my root partition and swap were hda7 & hda8. Now
they are hda6 & hda7 respectively. I could see this in /etc/fstab and
/etc/lilo.conf. I am also not able to mount any fat16 filesystems in my
disk. I think this happened because some changes were made in the cmos setup
when I added the second disk.
    How can I now update these changes to linux , I mean at what all places
in linux does this change needs to be made like /etc/fstab, lilo etc. and
how can i do that? Thank you.

Prasad