Linux Viruses

Well, there might be more attacks, but the circumstances are radically
different. Suffice it to say there are many more tools at hand to secure a
linux/unix system. Also, the open nature of linux software assists because
many more people can cooperate in assuring the reliability of that
software. It's different from Microsoft in this important respect--where
only Microsoft can deal with security holes, which it generally only does
when it gets around to it.

Furthermore, I would disagree that linux/unix is not under attack because
it's less popular. In fact, it's more popular, still, for Internet
servers. And, a server coming down affects many people.

Yes, there have been successful attacks on linux/unix. Let's see, the last
big one was in the late 1980's, right?

But, like anything else, if you leave the door open, someone you don't
want to greet may just walk in.