parted and moving/shrinking partitions and now swap

Wow, I suppose, once I get lvm going, I can add space wherever I need it,
where with the default setup you just add space for everything. I never
knew it was default for linux to do the three partition only thing. With a
6 gig drive it doesn't matter, but on the other 30 gig drive I have, I'd
have to split and install linux wherever windows ends, and if it's beyond
1024 cylinders, it won't boot, and if I recompile the kernel and boot files
move out of range, I get to have fun specifying geometry parameters in lilo.
This way, /boot is at the beginning of the disk and everything else goes
out from there.