anonymous ftp to:

>From kirk@braille.uwo.ca Sun Oct 14 15:13:37 2001
From: Kirk Reiser <kirk@braille.uwo.ca>

I am not sure just how far through the process he is but, Bill has
been moving the redhat installation disks and all back over to
linux-speakup.org.  You should be able to get at least a portion of
the redhat stuff for 7.2 therefore from
ftp://linux-speakup.org/pub/linux/speakup/disks/redhat/7.2/.

Another, perhaps not quite as satisfactory but still servicable, approach
to repairing your situation would be to go to the above noted site and
download the relevant kernel rpms -- a much smaller download -- and use
rpm to install talking ikernels.

Least satisfactory of all would be to compile a new kernel from sources
after patching the kernel source with speakup via cvs.

If you don't understand the last two approaches, do yourself a favor and
bite the bullet as suggested.

 On Sat, 13 Oct 2001, Brent Harding wrote:

> 	I now get an error when booting rh 7.1 that says that it can't write the
> module file needed by depmod. That's probably because my system has the
> boot disk kernel, the D copied a nontalking kernel, so I overwrote it with
> the boot disk one, but it's looking for modules in the wrong place. How do
> I fix this. I'll need modules to get my modem going. Next, how do I get
> linux to shut my system down just like windows does? This machine has one
> of those soft power controls, where my old one had a regular switch. How do
> I fix this so it starts working?

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development
				Governmental Relations Group
				American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)

Email: janina@afb.net		Phone: (202) 408-8175

Chair, Accessibility SIG
Open Electronic Book Forum (OEBF)
http://www.openebook.org

Surpassing Gutenberg, at http://www.afb.org/ebook.asp

http://www.afb.org/mlkweb.asp

Learn how to make accessible software at
http://www.afb.org/accessapp.asp