FreeBSD Access (Was Re: ultrasonix )

Does the asap demo pretty much work like speakup for editing? I suppose
with ve, it's got cursor keys mixed up, so when I arrow around left and
right fast enough it repeats the letter, but linux telnet with speakup
edits like linux at physical console. VE still works when timed out,
although you lose review mode and the like, but paying huge for dos support
kind of sucks too.
At 02:39 PM 10/14/01 -0400, you wrote:
>Two suggestions:
>
>1.)	Since you're using a demo of Vocal-Eyes, and not a registered
>copy, why not go get the asap demo from http://www.microtalk.com? It works
>well with PC Console apps without tweaks;
>
>2.)	Try turning Revector checking on in Vocal-Eyes. Do:
>	Ctrl-Backslash to enter the VE Control Panel;
>	Arrow to Option 5 -- General
>	Arrow to Option 13 -- Advanced
>	Arrow to Option 3 -- Revector
>
>It will be off by default. Turn it on. It will tell you that you need to
>reboot after using VE with this setting turned on, but that's not a
>problem when running in a DOS Window under Windows because you can just
>exit the DOS session and restart--something you probably mean to do
>anyway.
>

> On Sat, 13 Oct 2001, Brent
>Harding wrote:
>
>> I've been using cygwin a little while, I find it hard to edit files, the
>> demo of vocal-eyes I have doesn't track the screen well, tried windows
>> telnet, equally not good, but cygwin responds a little better.
>> At 11:49 AM 10/13/01 -0400, you wrote:

>> >Thanks a lot for your report; that's very interesting.

>> >Well, actually, let's not forget that linux is just the kernel; security
>> >level varies greatly between the different distributions. Also,
>> distributions
>> >like Redhat who are trying to become more user friendly can't quite do so
>> >without sacrificing security a little. I think the level of security by
>> >default also does differ amongst the different BSD based OSes anyway.

>> >Again, thank you for doing so.

>> >Hey, you've forgotten linux! :) You could easily use a linux box with
>> minicom
>> >to access the target machine...

Group