brltty and simultaneous grade 2 translation

Dave,
This all sounds fine to me. Now about the format of the translation table.
Since we want to accomodate many languages, I think it would be best to put
each rule on a line by itself and to use a simple space between the parts of
the rule. As I see it, each rule would consist of a source string, a space,
the destination string, space, and a number that specifies whether the
source string is a whole word, should be translated only if it is in the
middle of a word, etc. If either the source or destination string includes a
space, we can arrange for an escape sequence. This would be necessary no
matter what separation character we used.
John

Computers to Help People, Inc.
http://www.chpi.org
825 East Johnson; Madison, WI 53703