Digital Talking Book Standard

On Mon, 19 Nov 2001, Peter Toneby wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 11:14:39AM -0500, Janina Sajka wrote:
> > What about freeamp?
>
> It does not support searches on timecode (at least I didn't see anything
> about that while checking their pages, they only seem to have normal
> seek in files, which is not enough).

Well... It is enough with some extra processing. You need to find out the
data bitrate, estimate the seek position in the audio file, resynchronize on
a mpeg frame boundary, back a couple frames, compute the backed frames to
restabilize the mpeg windowing factors without actually playing them then
finally resume audio from the desired frame.

Nicolas