Digital Talking Book Standard

On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 11:35:59AM -0500, Nicolas Pitre wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Nov 2001, Peter Toneby wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 11:14:39AM -0500, Janina Sajka wrote:
> > > What about freeamp?
> >
> > It does not support searches on timecode (at least I didn't see anything
> > about that while checking their pages, they only seem to have normal
> > seek in files, which is not enough).
>
> Well... It is enough with some extra processing. You need to find out the
> data bitrate, estimate the seek position in the audio file, resynchronize on
> a mpeg frame boundary, back a couple frames, compute the backed frames to
> restabilize the mpeg windowing factors without actually playing them then
> finally resume audio from the desired frame.

The problem is VBR, I'm not sure how it works, but I suspect each frame
have it's own bitrate in that case, and if the stream use that, you need
to loop through all frames and calculate the current time :(, well, I'll
have a closer look at mad and see if I can do something for fixed
bitrates at least.

/Peter
--
Alpha Test Version:  Too buggy to be released to the paying public.
Beta Test Version:  Still too buggy to be released.