the Papenmeir device that was supposed to be coming out

HI.
YOu are right, the more memory, the more power consumption, the shorter the battery
time.
remember, the unit has both ram which is waht bill is referin to,
and flash rom.
the amount of ram has little to do with the number of software packages you
can have ont he unit, only the  number you can run at the same time.
the software is mostly stored whent he unit is off in either
flash or on some sort of external device.

phil