Grade 2 for Brltty (fwd)

[quoted lines by Ian Blackburn on December 3, 2001, at 09:59]

>I use voice for reading masses of text and braille for accuracy.  I prefer
>braile and like both on the computer at the same time.

I'm very interested in any ideas you have regarding how better speech support
could be added to BRLTTY.

>don't like grade II braille because it is confusing with lay out
>of material and although computer braille is slower it gives one for one
>representation of computer characters and even spaces.

I agree with you, but there are also situations where grade 2 braille is
better, i.e. reading lots of documentation. At such time as BRLTTY supports
grade 2 braille, it'll be by option. There'll be a toggle which can be switched
at run time to select the mode the user wishes to currently be in.

EMail: dave@mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | if you're concerned about Hell.