Re: [WIP] weston 6.0.0 sandbox

Hi Scott & Bechir, and whom it may concern.

NXP has just released their latest Thud-based Linux 4.19 BSP [1] for
i.MX processors. This version includes their forked Weston 6.0 for i.MX
[2] along with a GPU driver bump. This is an interesting news
considering Poky's Weston version is 5.0 for Thud. NXP is yet to
publish the complete release notes for this BSP.

Since meta-freescale usually somewhat lags behing NXP releases, would
it be too late to consider AGL support of the proprietary graphics
stack for 7.0 release ?
Otherwise, could it be introduced later into development cycle ?
Or without meta-freescale ?

Théo

[1] https://source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/imx-manifest/log/?h=imx-
linux-thud
[2] https://source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/meta-fsl-bsp-release/tre
e/imx/meta-bsp/recipes-graphics/wayland?h=thud-4.19.35-1.0.0