Re: Autmount issue

On Thu, 2015-05-28 at 10:19 +0800, Ian Kent wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > Set this to auto_master and ensure /etc/auto_master exists so that the
> > "files" nsswitch source is used for the master map.
> >
> > > ldap_uri = "ldap://x.x.x.x";
> > > search_base = "automountMapName=auto_home,dc=drivess,dc=rtaa
> >
> > It's usually better to put the server address and ldap base
> > in /etc/openldap/ldap.conf.
> >
> > In this case it should be:
> > BASE   dc=drivess,dc=rtaa
> > URI   ldap://x.x.x.x
> >
> > > map_object_class = automountMap
> > > entry_object_class = automount
> > > map_attribute = automountMapName
> > > entry_attribute = automountKey
> > > value_attribute= automountInformation
> >
> > If you create the ldap entries as described Linux should be able to work
> > this out automatically and I believe Solaris should still function.
> >
> > > auth_conf_file = /etc/autofs_ldap_auth.conf
> >

> > > normalize_slashes = "yes"
> > > ldap_base = "dc=drivess,dc=rtaa"
> > > ldap_base = "ldap://x.x.x.x/automountMapName=auto_home,dc=drivess,dc=rtaa";
> >
> > There's no such configuration options as normalize_slashes or ldap_base
> > in the [ autofs ] section of the configuration (ie. Sun format maps).
> > They are only valid in the [ amd ] section (ie. for amd format maps).
> >
> > > [ amd ]
> > >
> > >  map_type = ldap
> >
> > AFAICT you aren't using amd format maps so this is not used.
> >
> > Now create /etc/auto_master as:
> > +auto_master
> > /net            -hosts          -nosuid,nobrowse,hard,intr
> > /home           auto_home       -nobrowse,hard,intr
> >
> > or as:
> >
> > /net            -hosts          -nosuid,nobrowse,hard,intr
> > /home           auto_home       -nobrowse,hard,intr
> > +auto_master
> >
> > depending on whether you want to be able to override the file based
> > master map entries for /net or /home, in the former case, or override
> > master map ldap entries (if they exist) for the later case.
> >
> > Ensure that /etc/auto_home does not exist so that the nsswitch.conf
> > entry "automount: files ldap" will not find a local auto_home and will
> > then look to ldap and should find the ldap auto_home map entries.
> >
> > This approach is I think common on Solaris installs since it fits easily
> > with the default install.
> >
> > Note that IIUC there's no ldap auto_master in your case so the plus map
> > inclusion of the master map ("+auto_master") will not find anything as
> > the "files" nsswitch source is skipped because plus map inclusion is
> > only allowed in file based maps.
>
> One more thing.
>
> I recommended setting master_map_name to auto_master in the Linux autofs
> configuration. That's is purely so that you can use the same map names
> everywhere, auto_master and auto_home in this case. If you later add
> master map entries to ldap for auto_master then you'll already have the
> same names on Solaris and Linux clients so all should work ok. Also all
> clients will be consistent so anyone looking around will be able to

Agggh, I knew there were two additional things I wanted to mention but
the second came back to me just as I sent the last reply.

It's about the file based auto_home you use on the Solaris machines.

You can use that on your Linux clients as well to be completely
consistent if you wish.

That is, on the Linux clients create /etc/auto_home as it is on the
Solaris clients, with just this line:
+auto_home

and, although it's redundant in your current configuration, it should
work as the Solaris clients do.

That's because when the entry "+auto_home" is seen in /etc/auto_home
autofs will skip the nsswitch "files" source and look to ldap and find
auto_home map entries.

The point of doing this is that you can override selected indirect map
entries by adding them to /etc/auto_home.

For example, if /etc/auto_home had:
ahmed            localhost:/users/ahmedf
+auto_home

autofs would use the local entry in /etc/auto_home for the map key ahmed
but would look to ldap for other keys.

So it's easy to add temporary or permanent overrides using local file
based maps that look to ldap when a key isn't found. It's a little
different to the override behaviour of the master map described above
but the principle is the same.