Re: Autmount issue

Hi Ian,

Thanks heaps looking further into this. We do have only one master map
which is auto_home. You are right about auto_master, in fact in my
LDAP server there was only auto_home but somehow Linux ldap client
always looking for auto_master so I had to create auto_master and
create a entry in it but then I hit syntax error. But anyways I
reverted back to auto_home and fix things in autofs.conf and it looks
much better now but still having syntax error. I try again to provide
you as much as information as I can.

LDAP Server:
-----------------

dn: automountMapName=auto_home,dc=drivess,dc=rtaa
aci: (target = ldap:///automountMapName=auto_home,dc=drivess,dc=rtaa)
(targetscope = subtree) (targetattr="*") (version 3.0; acl "Adding
automount"; allow (all, import, export, proxy) (userdn = "ldap:///all";
or userdn = "ldap:///self"; or userdn =
"ldap:///cn=proxyagent,ou=profile,dc=drivess,dc=rtaa";) ;)
automountmapname: auto_home
objectclass: top
objectclass: automountMap

dn: automountkey=ahmedf,automountMapName=auto_home,dc=drivess,dc=rtaa
automountinformation: nfs-cluster:/san/users/cmes/ahmedf
automountkey: ahmedf
objectclass: top
objectclass: automount

Linux client
----------------

autofs.conf

[ autofs ]
master_map_name = "ldap://x.x.x.x/automountMapName=auto_home,dc=drivess,dc=rtaa";
ldap_uri = "ldap://x.x.x.x";
search_base = "automountMapName=auto_home,dc=drivess,dc=rtaa
map_object_class = automountMap
entry_object_class = automount
map_attribute = automountMapName
entry_attribute = automountKey
value_attribute= automountInformation
auth_conf_file = /etc/autofs_ldap_auth.conf
normalize_slashes = "yes"
ldap_base = "dc=drivess,dc=rtaa"
ldap_base = "ldap://x.x.x.x/automountMapName=auto_home,dc=drivess,dc=rtaa";
[ amd ]

 map_type = ldap

[root@splunk-tst ~]# automount -m
lookup_nss_read_master: reading master ldap
//x.x.x.x/automountMapName=auto_home,dc=drivess,dc=rtaa
parse_server_string: lookup(ldap): Attempting to parse LDAP
information from string
"ldap://x.x.x.x/automountMapName=auto_home,dc=drivess,dc=rtaa";.
parse_server_string: lookup(ldap): server "ldap://x.x.x.x/";, base dn
"automountMapName=auto_home,dc=drivess,dc=rtaa"
parse_ldap_config: lookup(ldap): ldap authentication configured with
the following options:
parse_ldap_config: lookup(ldap): use_tls: 0, tls_required: 0,
auth_required: 1, sasl_mech: (null)
parse_ldap_config: lookup(ldap): user: (null), secret: unspecified,
client principal: (null) credential cache: (null)
parse_init: parse(sun): init gathered global options: (null)
spawn_mount: mtab link detected, passing -n to mount
spawn_umount: mtab link detected, passing -n to mount
do_bind: lookup(ldap): auth_required: 1, sasl_mech (null)
do_bind: lookup(ldap): ldap simple bind returned 0
get_query_dn: lookup(ldap): found query dn
automountMapName=auto_home,dc=drivess,dc=rtaa
lookup_read_master: lookup(ldap): searching for
"(objectclass=automount)" under
"automountMapName=auto_home,dc=drivess,dc=rtaa"
lookup_read_master: lookup(ldap): examining entries
syntax error in map near [ adels nfs-cluster: ]
syntax error in map near [ san ]
syntax error in map near [ users ]
syntax error in map near [ ad ]
syntax error in map near [ soma ]

[root@splunk-tst ~]# more /etc/nsswitch.conf|grep autom
automount:  files ldap

Working through auto.home on Linux clients
===============================

[root@splunk-tst ~]# more /etc/autofs.conf |grep auto.master

master_map_name = auto.master

I can make it work through auto.master like below but I wanted to
mount the users home directory via LDAP automount

[root@splunk-tst ~]# more /etc/auto.master
/home /etc/auto.home
/net  -hosts
+auto.master

[root@splunk-tst ~]# more /etc/auto.home
* -fstype=nfs,rw nfs-cluster:/san/users/cmes/& \
                 nfs-cluster:/san/users/techdev/& \
                 nfs-cluster:/san/users/ad/& \
                 nfs-cluster:/san/users/systest/&

[root@splunk-tst ~]# cat /etc/mtab |grep autofs
systemd-1 /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc autofs
rw,relatime,fd=34,pgrp=1,timeout=300,minproto=5,maxproto=5,direct 0 0
/etc/auto.home /home autofs
rw,relatime,fd=7,pgrp=10163,timeout=300,minproto=5,maxproto=5,indirect
0 0
-hosts /net autofs
rw,relatime,fd=13,pgrp=10163,timeout=300,minproto=5,maxproto=5,indirect
0 0

Solaris Client
--------

I can login as LDAP user and my home directory mounted in right way
through automount

asqcsat:/ # more /etc/auto_master

+auto_master
/net            -hosts          -nosuid,nobrowse,hard,intr
/home           auto_home       -nobrowse,hard,intr

asqcsat:/ # more /etc/auto_home

+auto_home