Re: Autmount issue

On Tue, 2015-05-26 at 16:31 +1000, Sohnaeo wrote:
> Hello Ian,
>
> Thank you very much for looking into this. Solaris clients didn't have
> any issue with the existing master map. In my environment, I do have
> 99% Solaris clients and I don't want to change master map for few
> Linux clients. below is the auto_master map on Sun Directory Server
>
> dn: automountkey=ahmedf,automountMapName=auto_master,dc=drivess,dc=rtaa
> automountinformation: nfs-cluster:/san/users/cmes/ahmedf
> automountkey: ahmedf
> objectclass: top
> objectclass: automount

I don't see how that could work, it's not a master map entry, it's a map
entry.

The problem with this entry is it doesn't provide the information about
what indirect mount this key belongs to?

You'll need to give me more info about what's in ldap and what the
mounts look like after automount is started on Solaris.

Start autofs on an idle system, do nothing else, and post the contents
of /etc/mnttab (assuming that hasn't changed over the years since I
worked on Solaris systems). If there are obvious things you don't want
people to see in it then delete those lines but don't delete autofs
related lines.

If you want you could log a bug at bugzilla.redhat.com and have it made
private to so the information isn't available to people not included on
the cc list or allowed groups.