Re: Mixing ataraid and software raid

Hi

ataraid and md raid cannot mixed because in case of unsynchronized data,
ataraid (and also promise raid) will fail. However, if you take great
care, you can use ataraid for some partitions and md raid for other
partitions. Make sure that any programs running on md raid partition DO
NOT call /dev/hdeN but instead /dev/ataraid/d0pN

I recommend using atleast /boot and / for ataraid if you choose to Mix
ataraid and md raid.

It is important  not to access disk partitions by their direct names (eg
/dev/hdeN) ALSO not access by the disk labels when the partition
participates in ataraid

Because /boot (/ if you dont have /boot) must be either non-raid partition
or raid 1, if you decide to use software raid, you can use ataraid for
/boot or /. I didnt test it but ataraid (raid 0 or raid 1) on boot
partition will work