Does ATARAID resync an array if there's a power failure?

Hello all,

I have a computer with two 120G drives hooked up to a Promise controller with RAID-1 and two 80G drives hooked up to normal IDE with Linux Software RAID-1.

I had a power failure long enough to drain my UPS.

When I powered back on, the Linux Software Raid begain resyncing the md device.  I saw no evidence that the ataraid software even looked at the array to make sure it was ok.

Hence my question:  does ataraid resync?  Does it even know if there's a problem?

Dave...