To Chuck

Stupid me checked digest-mode when signing up for the list, but I've changed it now. Hopefully I can now respond properly.

If you're right then I guess I'm just out of luck. However, I did have it working with Redhat 7.1, using the ft.o module supplied by Promise.

Thanks for the help and if you have any other ideas I'd love to hear them!

Roger

Hotmail is sort of a "Dump on impact" address...

I am not sure about your problem although I do have a WAG (Wild Assed
Guess). It might be that the promise drivers are writing data to the drive
under Windows XP in a certain manner which is incompatible with the way
the ataraid drivers expect to see the data. Years ago I experienced this
when I moved a hard drive from an old machine with an special IDE BIOS
card that allowed me to use large hard drives, to a machine that had a
modern BIOS that could recognize large hard drives. The new machine could
not get any data from the drive, whereas when I moved it back, the data
could be seen just fine. Eventually I determined that the drive was
written in a different way incompatible with the modern BIOS. >Eventually I
just uploaded the data to a local server, moved the drive into the new
machine, reformatted it and put the data back on it. Everything worked
fine after that.

-Chuck