RE: What is the best way to handle "too many open files" errors?

Mick,

Thanks for your expertise and time.

Here are my settings in httpd.conf, which I've tweaked in the last couple
days per some advice from my host.

<IfModule prefork.c>
StartServers       2
MinSpareServers    2
MaxSpareServers    5
ServerLimit      200
MaxClients       200
MaxRequestsPerChild  4000
</IfModule>

And here's the ulimit:

# ulimit -a
core file size          (blocks, -c) 0
pending signals                 (-i) 1024
max locked memory       (kbytes, -l) 32
open files                      (-n) 1024
pipe size            (512 bytes, -p) 8
POSIX message queues     (bytes, -q) 819200
stack size              (kbytes, -s) 10240
max user processes              (-u) 137215

How would I do the sort of math you propose?

Thanks,

Ben.