Re: What is the best way to handle "too many open files" errors?

Thanks for your thoughts Andre. As I recollect, I think some of the these errors started cropping up around the time I compiled the python module numpy on the server. And I think that fortran and a lot of those deadweight file objects are its children. Perhaps if I scaled by the server to no longer use that python module, it might reduce the problems.

Are there other modules that look unnecessary to you?