Re: Query on access log for entry of %T

Hi All,
Thanks for all help.One basic question, how can I figure out my TimeOut value has expired?In the error logs do we see any entry for this or can you tell me the steps to simulate?
Regards
Arnab

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 11:02 PM, Eric Covener <covener@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 12:23 PM, Arnab Ganguly <aganguly01@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi All,
> Thanks for your time and paitence.
> I am not worried about the TimeOut value as I am not using mod_cgid.so.

TimeOut isn't mod_cgid specific.

> What I understand from your explanation is even if the Client times out before
> the response comes in time,Apache can send the response back to the
> client.Also this is the time which it actually took to serve the request?If
> I am not correct let me know.

Not sure what you mean specifically by "if the client times out". IF
the client decided it was waiting too long and it closes the TCP
connection, Apache won't figure this out until it actually tries to
write to the client (vs. e.g. busy reading from a proxy backend, in a
buggy php script)

> But just curious about the Client side, so when it gets a response from the
> webserver for which it has timed out, the response may be discarded also.Let
> me know your views.

If the client gets tired of waiting and closes the connection, it
won't see a response.

--
Eric Covener
covener@xxxxxxxxx