Problems connecting using Apache on Vista

A little background:  I have a client-server application that I created using Delphi. The database server is a Windows 2003 operating system running Oracle and Oracle HTTP Server (Apache 1.3.34). eq_prod.dll is registered with Apache as a handler.  The client connects to the database and all works well with this configuration. Development was done on Windows XP running Apache 1.3.39.  I am able to run the client software and connect to the database through either the local Apache on the development machine or the Oracle Http Server on the database server.

The problem comes when testing Vista Ultimate as my new development platform.  I had no errors installing Apache 1.3.39 on Vista. Apache seems to run with the same httpd.conf file that I used on Windows XP. If I run my client software on Vista, I am able to connect to the database through the Oracle Http Server on the database server.  If I run the client using the local Apache I get the following error:

“Access violation at address 02207FE26 in module ‘eq_prod.dll’. Read of address 0B37F330”.

eq_prod.dll is the name of my server component of the client-server software.  Thinking that this may be a permissions error, I have tried running Apache as an administrator, the client as administrator, and both as administrator with no avail.  I get the same error with minor changes in the two addresses regardless.

An error.log file is created when Apache is ran but contains no data.

Any suggestions,

David Gley