Re: Query on access log for entry of %T

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 10:37 AM, Arnab Ganguly <aganguly01@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sorry to say that it is not clear to me.
> Suppose a client sends a request and within specific amount of time if no
> response comes (here say less than 25 sec) it should timeout and it can
> retry.

It depends on what Apache's doing with the 25 seconds (proxy, cgi,
reading a file, running php code, proxy).

> But my observation is that for the particular request even after 25 sec
> ,server responds back with 200 OK or some other response codes.Correct me if
> I am wrong.

Apache doesn't limit itself to 25 seconds of running your CGI or 25
seconds of trying to read a file from a dead network drive.

>From the manual:

The TimeOut directive currently defines the amount of time Apache will
wait for three things:

   1. The total amount of time it takes to receive a GET request.
   2. The amount of time between receipt of TCP packets on a POST or
PUT request.
   3. The amount of time between ACKs on transmissions of TCP packets
in responses.

> Can you please explain in more details what do you mean by individual
> read/write and the entire request?What is the difference?
> Do we have any configured value corresponding to %T param in the access log.

No.

--
Eric Covener
covener@xxxxxxxxx