Re: Query on access log for entry of %T

Sorry to say that it is not clear to me.
Suppose a client sends a request and within specific amount of time if no response comes (here say less than 25 sec) it should timeout and it can retry.
But my observation is that for the particular request even after 25 sec ,server responds back with 200 OK or some other response codes.Correct me if I am wrong.
Can you please explain in more details what do you mean by individual read/write and the entire request?What is the difference?
Do we have any configured value corresponding to %T param in the access log.
Thanks
Arnab

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 7:47 PM, Eric Covener <covener@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 9:50 AM, Arnab Ganguly <aganguly01@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I print the %T  value in the access log.As per the apache docs %T implies
> the "The time taken to serve the request, in seconds".
> My question is my Client and Server timeout is kept for 25 seconds.I am not
> using Timeout value also and my KeepAlive is set to Off.But in the access
> log I do get entries where the request was served with value more than 10
> mins ie 600 sec.
>
> So if the Client would hve timeout before my guess is but how come the
> request was succeful.The response code also we get is 200 OK.

Timeout says your webserver will tolerate 25 seconds for eachh
individual read/write, not for the entire request.

A client reading or writing slowly can linger forever.
--
Eric Covener
covener@xxxxxxxxx