Re: Debian archive rebuild with Autoconf 2.69c

On Fri, Sep 25, 2020 at 8:24 AM Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 24/09/20 at 16:41 -0400, Zack Weinberg wrote:
> > I'm managing the long-overdue release of Autoconf 2.70, we just put
> > out a second beta and I am thinking that it would be interesting to do
> > a Debian archive rebuild with it and see what breaks.  I was advised
> > to contact you.
> >
> > The release announcement is at
> > https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/autoconf/2020-09/msg00006.html and
>
> What I would need is a custom autoconf package, either in Debian
> experimental or in a private repo, that would act as a drop-in
> replacement for the current autoconf package.

I have prepared source and binary packages of the beta autoconf and
uploaded them to my personal website.
https://research.owlfolio.org/scratchpad/debian/ should work as an apt
source line, and the packages should cleanly upgrade from autoconf in
unstable.  Please let me know if there are problems, it's been a long
time since I needed to use apt-ftparchive.

I believe that these packages would be suitable for experimental,
and/or as a basis for the eventual upload of 2.70 to unstable, but I
don't have the privileges to upload anything to the Debian archive.
I'm cc:ing the Debian maintainer of autoconf -- Ben, if you would like
to check and adopt my work, please feel free.

zw