Re: Debian archive rebuild with Autoconf 2.69c

Hi Zack,

On 24/09/20 at 16:41 -0400, Zack Weinberg wrote:
> Hi Lucas,
>
> I'm managing the long-overdue release of Autoconf 2.70, we just put
> out a second beta and I am thinking that it would be interesting to do
> a Debian archive rebuild with it and see what breaks.  I was advised
> to contact you.
>
> The release announcement is at
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/autoconf/2020-09/msg00006.html and
> the tarball + signature are at
> https://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/autoconf/autoconf-2.69c.tar.xz{,.sig}.
>
> What can I do to help make this happen?  N.B. I am not a Debian developer.

Nice!

What I would need is a custom autoconf package, either in Debian
experimental or in a private repo, that would act as a drop-in
replacement for the current autoconf package.

Then I would do two archive rebuilds:
- one with vanilla Debian
- one with vanilla Debian + a script that installs this package (or
configures apt so that this package gets installed)

There are some example scripts in
https://salsa.debian.org/lucas/collab-qa-tools/-/tree/master/modes

Do you think that you can work on providing such a package (and a
corresponding script)?

Lucas