Re: Debian archive rebuild with Autoconf 2.69c

On Fri, Sep 25, 2020 at 9:21 AM Zack Weinberg <zackw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have prepared source and binary packages of the beta autoconf and
> uploaded them to my personal website.
> https://research.owlfolio.org/scratchpad/debian/ should work as an apt
> source line, and the packages should cleanly upgrade from autoconf in
> unstable.  Please let me know if there are problems, it's been a long
> time since I needed to use apt-ftparchive.
>
> I believe that these packages would be suitable for experimental,
> and/or as a basis for the eventual upload of 2.70 to unstable, but I
> don't have the privileges to upload anything to the Debian archive.
> I'm cc:ing the Debian maintainer of autoconf -- Ben, if you would like
> to check and adopt my work, please feel free.

Zack, thanks so much for doing all this work.

Over the last few years, I've been slowly drifting away from Debian.
Package maintenance no longer holds too much interest for me. This
hasn't been a big deal for the Autoconf packaging for Debian, since
it's needed very little work. But now that a new major release is coming
out, it might be time to pass the torch to someone who is more active
and interested. I've been the Debian maintainer of it for almost 23 years,
after all, so maybe it's time to give someone a chance anyway.

Are you interested? (Is anyone else here?)