Re: Debian archive rebuild with Autoconf 2.69c

On 25/09/20 at 12:01 -0400, Zack Weinberg wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 25, 2020 at 8:24 AM Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On 24/09/20 at 16:41 -0400, Zack Weinberg wrote:
> > > I'm managing the long-overdue release of Autoconf 2.70, we just put
> > > out a second beta and I am thinking that it would be interesting to do
> > > a Debian archive rebuild with it and see what breaks.  I was advised
> > > to contact you.
> > >
> > > The release announcement is at
> > > https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/autoconf/2020-09/msg00006.html and
> >
> > What I would need is a custom autoconf package, either in Debian
> > experimental or in a private repo, that would act as a drop-in
> > replacement for the current autoconf package.
>
> I have prepared source and binary packages of the beta autoconf and
> uploaded them to my personal website.
> https://research.owlfolio.org/scratchpad/debian/ should work as an apt
> source line, and the packages should cleanly upgrade from autoconf in
> unstable.  Please let me know if there are problems, it's been a long
> time since I needed to use apt-ftparchive.
>
> I believe that these packages would be suitable for experimental,
> and/or as a basis for the eventual upload of 2.70 to unstable, but I
> don't have the privileges to upload anything to the Debian archive.
> I'm cc:ing the Debian maintainer of autoconf -- Ben, if you would like
> to check and adopt my work, please feel free.

Hi Zack,

See http://qa-logs.debian.net/2020/09/26.ac270/

You'll find there:
00cmp.ac270.only-fails-with-ac270.txt : list of packages that failed
with autoconf 2.70, but succeeded with 2.69

00res.ac270.only-failures.txt : same list, but annotated with an
indication about the failure.

00cmp.ac270.txt: full list comparing the result with vanilla unstable
00res.ac270.txt: full list of build results with autoconf 2.70

Let me know if you need something else!

Lucas