[Yum] How to create a proper base URL.

On 3/16/06, indiejade : <indiejade@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 3/16/06, Jim Perrin <jperrin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > On 3/16/06, indiejade : <indiejade@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Does yum work to update firefox?  I have been trying, persistently, to
> > get
> > > my Fx install past 1.0.7 (the version that came w/Fedora Core 4,
> > > apparently).   I think I'm going to need some serious help because
> > there is
> > > something obvious I'm missing (probably because I've been thinking too
> > much
> > > about it).   When I had MSWindows on my computer, I could get the
> > updates,
> > > but FC4 seems to have some strange limits RE firefox updates.   TY
> > ahead of
> > > time.  -shawnee
> >

> > Please don't hijack threads.
> > Please don't top post.
> > Both of these are considered bad form and/or rude on mailing lists.
> >
> > Yum will update to whatever is current in the repository you're using.
> > If your repo only has 1.0.7, that's all yum will give you. Yum is not
> > yet self-aware enough to seek out and build updated software.
> >
> > --
> > "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
> > safety deserve neither liberty nor safety''
> > Benjamin Franklin 1775
>

> I apologize.  Sometimes I just start typing the message wherever the
> cursor lands when I  hit "reply to thread".     This depends upon
> email-clients -  you're using gmail, as am I.  Might I add that blatantly
> pointing this out and using the word "rude" is more of a hijack to any
> thread content than my quesiton was.

*question

The OP of this thread is all about "URLs" :  "How to create proper base
URLs"  . . . Universal Resource Locaters. . . surely the browser has a great
amount of importance RE this question;  where the cursor happens to land is
far beyond the control of the user and this is especially true for any
multi-user environment.