[Yum] Delete older kernels?

On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 03:25:14PM -0500, Jim Perrin wrote:
> On 3/16/06, Peter C. Norton <spacey-yum@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 02:16:14PM -0500, seth vidal wrote:
>

> > I've implemented installonlyn, but with a patch that adds a
> > configuration option to allow for 0 older copies to be saved.
> >
> > If anyone else is interested in this let me know and I'll post it
> > somewhere (I know it wouldn't normally be the preferred method, but
> > where I work it's mandated).
> >
> > It's a pretty simple change.
> >
> I imagine it's pretty trivial, but one question....
> What happens if the new kernel doesn't boot/work?
> Aren't you pretty well screwed at that point?

Yes, I don't agree with the policy entirely, but there you go.

However for generally useful places like clusters where you only need
the most recent kernel when you kickstart a system, it makes more
sense than when it's mandated by the pointy-haired gods.

-Peter

--
The 5 year plan:
In five years we'll make up another plan.