[Yum] Delete older kernels?

On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 02:16:14PM -0500, seth vidal wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-03-01 at 11:09 -0800, Peter C. Norton wrote:
> > A nice feature for yum would be to remove kernels that are not the
> > newest. Kernels and their associated modules are the only packages I
> > know of that will typically live side-by-side with other versions, and
> > once in a while an automatic clean-up would be a really good idea.
> >
> > Is there a mechanism to do this, or is this plugin territory?
>
> look at the installonlyn plugin.
>
> -sv

I've implemented installonlyn, but with a patch that adds a
configuration option to allow for 0 older copies to be saved.

If anyone else is interested in this let me know and I'll post it
somewhere (I know it wouldn't normally be the preferred method, but
where I work it's mandated).

It's a pretty simple change.

-Peter

--
The 5 year plan:
In five years we'll make up another plan.