[Yum] How to create a proper base URL.

On 3/16/06, indiejade : <indiejade@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Does yum work to update firefox?  I have been trying, persistently, to get
> my Fx install past 1.0.7 (the version that came w/Fedora Core 4,
> apparently).   I think I'm going to need some serious help because there is
> something obvious I'm missing (probably because I've been thinking too much
> about it).   When I had MSWindows on my computer, I could get the updates,
> but FC4 seems to have some strange limits RE firefox updates.   TY ahead of
> time.  -shawnee

Please don't hijack threads.
Please don't top post.
Both of these are considered bad form and/or rude on mailing lists.

Yum will update to whatever is current in the repository you're using.
If your repo only has 1.0.7, that's all yum will give you. Yum is not
yet self-aware enough to seek out and build updated software.

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety''
Benjamin Franklin 1775